2019 Athletic Heat Awards nomination list

About three years ago, our Co-founders; Eseroghene Oguma, Ruth Usoro and Toluwani Adebakin came up with a brilliant idea to organize a Track and Field Awards to recognize and reward Nigerian home-based athletes and para-athletes..

This was borne out of the the lack of encouragement the home-based athletes received after they competed all year (2017) and got no reward.

This award has indeed inspired a lot of home-based athletes to do more but from this year onward, we are taking a different twist, as we will be involving the foreign based Nigerian athletes and this is in view with our aim of making it the main Nigerian Track and Field Award.

The foreign based will be featured in Track and Field Athlete of the Year categories. We have also included categories like Journalist of the Year, Athletics Governor of the Year. Enough talk! Check below for the full list. Winks!!!

U15 Male Athlete of the Year
Promise Egbe
Iloba GodsPower
Iredia Goodness
Gift Nwagbowu
Faruq Aremu
Joshua Caleb

U15 Female Athlete of the Year

Ayenuro Taiye
Imabong Nse
Ewa Peace
Temi Ademola
Tina Godbless
Blessing Ojeni

U18 Female Athlete of the Year

Favour Ofili
Taviore Anita
Oshiokpu Grace
Kemele Hannah
Osisike Esther
Sarah Ochigbo

U18 Male Athlete of the Year

Godsom Brume
Victor Akhalu
Nnamdi Chinecherem
Erhire Best
Olaolu Olatunde
Ndiponke Okure

Junior Male Athlete of the Year

Erewa Law
Adegoke Enoch
Shedrack Akpeki
Olowookere David
Wisdom Musa
Hamid Sambo

Junior Female Athlete of the Year

Rosemary Chukwuma
Adubi Victoria
Obamuwagu Onaara
Abasiono Akpan
Princess Kara
Comfort James

Senior Male Athlete of the Year

Itsekiri Usheoritse
Adeyemi Sikiru
Joseph Edafiadhe
Osadolor Samuel
Austine Nwoye
Timothy Emoghene
Oyeniyi Abejoye

Senior Female Athlete of the Year
Esther Issa
Ayemoba Grace
Patience Okon George
Oluwakemi Francis
Eucharia Ogbukwo
Joy Abu

Breakout Athlete of the Year
Amarachi Obi
Grace Nwokocha
Nnamdi Chinecherem
Emoghene Timothy
Oluwayemi Blessing
Temitope Adesina

Next Rated Athlete of the Year

Ofili Favour
Sikiru Adeyemi
Grace Nwokocha
Erhire Best
Nnamdi Chinecherem
Esther Isa

Track Athlete Of The Year Male
Divine Oduduru
Rilwan Alowonle
Raymond Ekevwo
Chidi Okezie
Edose Ibadin
Itsekiri Usheoritse

Track Athlete Of The Year Female

Tobi Amusan
Ofili Favour
Blessing Okagbare
Comfort James
Fadekemi Olude

Field Athlete Of The Year Male
Chukwuebuka Enekwechi
Nnamdi Chinecherem
Fabian Edoki
Ehrire Best
Austin Nwoye

Field Athlete Of The Year (Female)

Ese Brume
Temilade Ogunrinde
Chioma Onyekwere
Kelechi Nwanaga
Sade Olatoye
Kemi Francis

Coach of the Year (Male)

George Obiano
Owivri Edirin
Mavuah Esabunor
Ayokunle Odelusi
Gabriel Opuana
Kayode Yaya
Kola Adebayo

Coach of the Year (Female)

Endurance Ojokolo
Emily Osakwe
Olapade Lawal
Emem Edem
Amelia Oyase
Ebere Chidume

Track and Field Journalist of the Year

Temitope Idowu
Funmi Fameso-Nigeria Athletics
Modupe Oremule-NAN
Ayodeji Ayodeji- SOS NGR
Donald Nwamere- Track Revelation
Segun Aderinto- Supashegs

Athletics Governor of the Year
Gov. Babatunde Sanwo-Olu (Lagos)
Gov. Ifeanyi Okowa (Delta)
Gov. Nasir El-Rufia (Kaduna)
Gov. Dapo Abiodun (Ogun)
Gov. Seriake Dickson (Baylesa)

PS: 70% of your chances of winning comes from general public vote while 30% comes from our panelists. Do well to share your nomination poster which you can find on our facebook and Instagram page with friends and family.

The voting link is theathleticheat.com/vote and you can vote once every 8 hours. Voting ends Nov. 2nd at midnight.

Comments

comments

Comments are closed.

%d bloggers like this: