The 2019 Athletic Heat Track and Field Awards is here again and it’s the 3rd edition where we recognize, reward and encourage Nigerian athletes and para athletes as well as coaches.

This year is a lot different, with more categories, new nominees, amazing panelists and a great show that will linger in the hearts of all who will be at the event or watching via live stream.

To make the award more credible, the organizers of the prestigious event decided to have a list of great personalities which include coaches, an Ex-international, Journalists and sports administrators to be part of our panel for the 2019 Athletic Heat Awards. The votes by general public is a 70% chance of an athlete winning a category while our panelists have 30% of votes.

The panelists are as follows:

Comdr. Omatseye Nesiama (rtd)


Comdr. Nesiama (rtd) is a retired Naval Officer and former Technical Director of the AFN. As the TD, he carried out strategic and operational management of the technical organisation of track and field activities in Nigeria. He was also the Chairman, Security and Disciplinary Committee of the AFN, manages athletes and officials at all National Athletics Camps.

He also served as Director of Sports and Physical Training at the Naval Headquaters where he managed the entire Naval physical and sports training activities. Ensured the physical, mental and psychological fitness of naval personnel nominated for operational duties. Initiated all sports and physical training policies and programmes for the Navy. He is also a one-time General Staff Officer to Honourable Minister of Defence. Comdr. Nesiama is an authorized Athlete Representative licensed by the International Association of Athletics Federation (IAAF). The former TD is now the COO of Top Private Security Services Ltd.

Dr. Kweku Adedayo Tandoh


He is the Executive Chairman of the Lagos State Sports Commission. Dr. Tandoh is also a member of the Lagos State Sports Trust Fund. A seasoned sports administrator, He brings over 35 years of worldwide professional management expertise to the fore-front of sports in Lagos.

Over the years, Dr. Tandoh has held several positions in various capacities including but not limited to the following: Vice-Chairman, Lagos State Badminton Association, Vice-Chairman, Lagos State Sports Medicine Association, Director, Planning, Research & Education at National Gallery of Art. Director of Sports: Lagos State Sports Council.

Coach Olu Sule

Olu sule.jpg

Coach Olu is an Architectural graduate from Kwara State Polytechnic but he put his certificate aside as he has focused on Athletics for the last 26 years both as an athlete and also a renowned Coach.

He is a man with vast experience on Athletics having won medals at various competitions and he has been on the several national assignments. He is a certified IAAF Level IV, Real athletismo españa Level III and UK athletics Level 1 & 2. He is currently serving as a Senior Officer of the Nigerian Immigration Service where he has been the head coach for the past 10 years

Coach Uruemu Adu

Coach Adu, was born into an athletic family and he automatically developed flair for the sport.

As an athlete, he represented Bendel State in the sprints, he is now a coach who has trained many athletes at different levels. He has passion for grassroots sports and it was no surprise when he was appointed Head Coach Adopt-A-Talent program under the Lagos State Government.

He was the Head Sprint Coach of Lagos state to many National festivals. Coach Adu is currently Head Sprint coach, Arena Athletics Club also the Secretary General Nigeria Athletics Masters and President Stadia Committee African Masters Athletics.

Mr Enefiok Udo-Obong


Enefiok Udo-Obong also known as Enee is a Nigerian sprinter who won a Gold medal in 4 x 400m relay at the 2000 Olympics as well as a bronze medal in the same event at the 2004 Olympics. He is a writer, Speaker, businessman and Administrator. A graduate of Human Anatomy from the University of Calabar and a holder of an Advanced Masters in Sports Administration and Technology from The École polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne(EPFL), in Switzerland

A U.S and U.K trained certified personal fitness trainer, he was an accomplished athlete, and he is Nigeria’s most accomplished Olympian and the only Nigerian man to win two Olympic medals. A Gold in Sydney Australia in 2000 and a Bronze in Athens, Greece in 2004.

Coach Ibrahim Friday


Popularly known as Coach Abbey. He is a graduate of Yaba College of Technology with a degree in Tourism and Hospitality. Coach Abbey during his active days competed as a sprinter and also in throws. After years of being an athlete, he became a coach he currently teamed with Eagle Sight Athletics Club situated in Lagos.

He is a certified Sports Manager and an IAAF Level 1 Coach. He began coaching in 2004 and he has taken several athletes to the national level including Feyisayo Daramola Udoh who was a national champion in the hammer throw for several years. Olawale Olatunji who was also a national champion in the Discus and Hammer throw, Blessing Ogundiran who is a Silver Medalist at the 2017 All Nigeria Championships and 2019 World Championships 4x100m representative

Mr Solomon Ajiziogu

Solomon Ajuziogu.jpg

Mr Ajiziogu is a Sports producer and reporter with TVC where he has been working for over seven years. He worked as a Sports Editor with City 105.1FM as well as a Commentator for FIFA Under-17 World Cup, Nigeria 2009 working with Broadcasting Organisation of Nigeria as well as Senior Media Executive with TPT International.

Mr Solomon is a prominent reporter and has covered every athletics competition on the home front; the All Nigeria Championships, National Sports Festival, Golden League meets as well as the D.K Olukoya U18/20 Championships.